Friday, June 20, 2008

The Sun is Shining

Sometimes winter can be wonderful. This morning it was dark as usual when the alarm went off and nobody really wanted to get up. It was very cold (we don't have central heating just insulation) and there was ice on the car cover. Hot porridge for breakfast with preserved peaches makes life worth living again and then there was the sun rise. It was beautiful because of the frost sparkling in the air and the wonderful glow off the harbour made me wish I had remembered my camera. I left the kids to walk up the hill to school because I hate driving on ice up there and then faced the most amazing golden glow all the way home.

It's at times like these that I wonder how anybody could even think about spoiling and trashing the land/air/water. No life would be worth living to my mind without the planet around us being part of our lives.

Well, I've got to hang out the washing.......in the mid-winter sun!

No comments: