Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas bells

Its been Christmas bells all the way round here. I think over half the kindy and school have already gone there and so have a selection of adults. I have to admit that they do look good. We have used ex kindy paintings this year (the ones either not named or done by teachers/helpers) as they are on pretty good quality paper and cut up really well.

The bells are easy to make. The kindy ones I make with three sides and bells around the bottom edge. Even the three year olds can tie a few knots and cut a bit of line when encouraged :) The senior kids and adults make the eight sided ones. I have found that pegs are great for holding things in place whilst knots are tied.

I tried lining one with gold paper but it was a large amount of work getting it together and it was really stiff to fold. I didn't think it was worth the effort so won't go there again. If anyone would like the pattern, leave me a note on e mail and I'll get back to you :)

viv

5 comments:

Charlotte Scott said...

Wow! they're really pretty. I'll give you an email as I'd love the pattern.

Lee said...

They're so beautiful :-) And have a lovely Christmas!

knutty knitter said...

Do that ms lottie :) - they really are good to make. I'm doing them with the youngest kindy kids on Thursday :)

viv

Oh and a wonderful Christmas to you too Leanne :)

Tread Softly said...

Pretty!

Mickle in NZ said...

What a great way to celebrate the littlies paintings, and to display their art.

Sincerely hoping all your Xmas decorations prove to be "Sprocket" proof. My Zebby Cat doesn't get to try them out as every year the decorations are in Tauranga while he "holidays" at his vets' cattery (Prison to Zeb). Despite the huggles he gets there for being a snuggle puss I feel so, so guilty when I drop him off there each December!!!