Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Island woolly thing

I have at last got access to the photos taken on St Martins Island.

For the record, we had a blast and nearly everyone seems to have enjoyed themselves. I got a little sunburned which I wasn't expecting. It was just about a perfect day. The felting went really well and I'm only sorry I didn't have a chance to do all the other activities. I did have a go at spinning with a spindle and, despite not having spun anything for 10 or so years, I did manage to turn out a reasonable thread on a spindle made out of an old stick and a potato.

The dyeing looked wonderful hung out along the fence and I did manage to get photos of most of the felt pieces although my battery did die a bit too soon for my liking.

I took the spindle idea to the kindy on Monday (where I occasionally do relief work) and we made a spindle out of an old apple and a twig. Several of the 6 year olds got quite a reasonable thread. I'm aiming to tackle the dyed fleece this week once I give the spinning wheel a long overdue overhaul. Anyhow, here is a selection of the photos (not all taken by me).









These are not in order btw.
enjoy

viv

I forgot to add this. Matt took this photo of the boat returning with us from the island.

And this of us unloading at Port Chalmers.

viv

No comments: