Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Time flies!

Its been waaaaay too long since I posted here but, really, nothing much has happened except that I got almost a week of full time relief etc and had no energy left for anything else.

The kitten is growing madly along with living up to her name - Sprocket the rocket :) I took her to the kindy for a day and she just loved being round the kids who were very good with her. This one is definitely a people cat which is good since I run a part time shop.

The shop has reverted to a bedroom whilst we renovate James room - it needs a new floor and all the scotias, skirtings, door frames etc done so at present it it a wasteland with a geological hammer in the middle (great for breaking up old concrete which was under the old chimney). Aty least the shop isn't cold and damp! And he gets to share with Sprocket too.

We tried out a new bread recipe last night - I don't think much of it so far. Its looks as if it will be like a brick and definitely not soft and light. Might be ok hot - with soup :)

And some photos :)



Two of the shotover river with a rather smudged jet boat - I was in a rush and hadn't time to change the settings and one of the class I took at symposium. I have been on that jetboat trip - it is scary and fun :)

viv

1 comment:

Julia said...

Just found your blog via your comment on My Plastic-free Life! I'm from North Carolina but I went to NZ for a month 2 years ago and did this jet boat ride...so scary! And such a small world!