Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm baaaaack:)





The holiday was great if a trifle hot! We walked by the river, went up the gondola, swam in the lake and caught up with the odd relative or so and generally had a good time.

Poppy, my mil's dog, will miss William who walked her at least twice a day. I suppose we ought to consider a dog but it is really too small round here and I don't think the finances will stretch to it anyhow.

The boys swam in the river and in Lake Hayes but it was very cold so they didn't stay in long and took ages to actually take the plunge and go in. They also swam in the indoor (heated!) pool for an entire afternoon and successfully turned themselves into prunes :)

I did lots of drawing because it really is a spectacular place. The new pencil is really nice and gives a softer effect than the old one although it isn't as delicate.

The bus trip was long but bearable and we did walk quite a lot when we were there although the car got used too mostly because everything is so far from everything else. Lots of photos to follow along with a few here from the day we went up the gondola.

viv in nz

3 comments:

Chile said...

Looks like a beautiful area! I'm with your boys; I'd rather spend all afternoon in a heated pool than in a cold lake!

Happy New Year!

knutty knitter said...

Quite right too :) Notice I wasn't swimming! Sketch books have their uses :)

J did a photo bomb which is why he got posted - I think I got him nicely :)

viv

Mickle in NZ said...

A southern Rata Tree would be glorious at your place, on that super steep street.

Happy New Year to you and yours (Skilly included especially!)

Michelle and a semi-awake Zebby Cat (circum-navigating the bed top for good snoozle spots as he waits for His daft human to go to bed),

Sending care, huggles and purrrrumbling