Thursday, November 6, 2008

snow

It snowed here. Lots! I planted all my lettuces and tomatoes and it turned back into winter.

On a brighter note...our Steiner was visited by a class of Steiner children from Australia and they thought the snow was wonderful, not being used to such stuff. Tomorrow they are going to climb our street amongst other things (world's steepest) before heading back north.

The snow has already nearly melted - its too warm to last fortunately - but I wonder what this means global warming wise. To my mind the weather has got freakier over the last few years which does not bode well for gardens and my tomatoes for starters. Food production may be limited in ways we haven't thought of just because of these weather patterns.

I'll wait and see what happens next.

viv in nz

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Oh your poor plants! And all of the work putting them out. Nature does know how to keep us on our toes. Good luck! -Sandy