Monday, April 22, 2013

Permablitz

We had an interesting weekend here as a group of people got into our backyard and gave some of it a makeover. I provided morning tea and lunch for 12 and watched from the sidelines.  Matt was fully in there and William was very helpful in setting up the lunch, clearing away and generally being useful inside and out.

This is the link to the time lapse photos that were taken.  Note the hens coming in for a sneeky look whilst we were having morning tea :)

Timelapse Video

Permablitz Otago website Where you can see photos and more timelapse videos of past blitzes.

Apart from that I've been doing lots of quilting and a few pairs of socks as it's coming up winter.

Wet and wild at present but warm in here...

enjoy

viv in nz

5 comments:

purplepear said...

Nice to have you come visit. We have done a few permablitzes in our time even before they had that particular name. We are always excited by the results as are the recipients. such fun!

silverpebble said...

I wanted to pop over here and say that I loved comment over at Knitsofacto about using apples and twigs as spinning spindles. I'm intrigued! Have a lovely weekend. Emma

knutty knitter said...

Thanks for the comments :)

The apple one worked really well. a good, almost straight twig with a little branch divide at the top works really well. I'll see if I can find some photos. I have taught this but didn't take any photos myself - no time!

The garden now has two types of kale, some lettuce, leeks and broccoli in it.

viv

Annie Cholewa said...

You make it sound as if they just kinda' randomly hopped over the fence ;)

Love the way the chooks checked it out in your absence.

And I loved the apple-y spindle suggestion too over at my place too :D

Annie Cholewa said...

You make it sound as if they just kinda' randomly hopped over the fence ;)

Love the way the chooks checked it out in your absence.

And I loved the apple-y spindle suggestion too over at my place too :D